While we love to chill with our Cryo clients, we are more than just a mobile whole body cryotherapy service (WBC). At East Tennessee Spine and Sport Physical Therapy, with our five outpatient physical therapy clinics located throughout Greater Knoxville and Oak Ridge, we are available to provide comprehensive care/treatment. If you are experiencing pain and/or are suffering from an injury, find out more information about our facility locations and contact us to schedule a physical therapy appointment.
Knoxville's Mobile Cryotherapy
What are the Benefits?
People who use cryotherapy say the experience makes them feel refreshed and invigorated. Because a cryotherapy session takes just three minutes, it’s easy to fit into a busy schedule. Users claim a host of benefits, both physical and mental.
- Feel energized and refreshed
- Supports weight loss by boosting metabolism
- Releases mood-boosting endorphins and adrenaline
- Application of cold is a well-accepted method for treating inflammation and injury. Some practitioners and therapists have adopted whole body cryotherapy as an adjunct to other types of treatments for a range of symptoms and conditions
- Triggers the release of anti-inflammatories
- Supports chronic pain management
- Accelerates surgical recovery
Athletes, ranging from professionals to weekend warriors, claim that whole body cryotherapy gives them an edge over competitors by allowing them to recover faster from workouts and train harder. Other clients seek total body wellness or relief from inflammation.
Utilized worldwide since 1979 to enhance recovery for elite athletes, whole body cryotherapy (WBC) has proven to be a valuable adjunct for speeding muscle recovery and producing a general feeling of well-being. Many professional sports organizations have incorporated whole body cryotherapy into their training routines.
Elite athletes and athletic teams across the country, and around the world, use whole body cryotherapy to gain a competitive edge. Now, amateur athletes and weekend warriors are adopting the practice to reduce pain and inflammation caused by strenuous exercise.
Instead of icing a sore area, which is uncomfortable and time-consuming, users can simply step into a cryotherapy chamber. Whole body cryotherapy shortens the time required to two-three minutes and increases the intensity, while providing benefits to the entire body. Athletes say they can train harder and recover faster.
- Promotes rapid healing
- Reduces pain and soreness in injured or affected areas
- Faster recovery allows harder training
- Used by elite and amateur athletes
What to Expect:
- 3-minute treatment time
- 1/4 turns every 5 seconds
- Last 30 seconds feel the coldest
- Cold, nitrogen vapor
- Even cooling over the entire body
- Constant monitoring and interaction by the operator
- Door can be opened by the user at any time
What to Wear:
- Remain in your underwear, jogging or compression shorts
- Women should wear a sports bra or bikini top
- Do not wear lotions/have dry skin (a towel will be provided)
- You will be provided with a robe to wear prior to treatment
- You will be provided with socks and gloves to wear during the treatment